Thursday, September 11, 2008

Conquering Back Pain

Even though I have come a long way, that doesn't mean I have no pain. I have found that it may be something you manage the rest of your life like diabetes perhaps. I go to this medieval torture chamber every week to increase my pain tolerance. Just Kidding. The equipment kinda scared me the first time I walked into this place.
Pilates has been one of the best treatments for my back. A year ago, my doctor said I was finally ready to try pilates, and that's when I finally started making huge progress. I highly recommend it. This is the place I go, and I see Debi Lu every week. She understands back problems and is better than many of the physical therapists I saw over the years.

Never give up if you have a chronic illness that seems uncurable. You just get depressed if you give up. I'm not back to my pre-accident self, but I am doing more biking than I did even then. It's a lot of work and sometimes a lot of money, but your health is worth every extra penny you've got.

1 comment:

everything pink! said...

I can't wait to read about your ride yesterday.
i am so proud of you!