Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back in Physical Therapy

I had been "physical therapy free" for about 1.5 years until I started doing all this major biking. This is a picture of Keith Donavon from Germantown Physical Therapy. He remembers when I did zero activity and saw him just to try get through a day. I started seeing him again because my low back (left sacrum area) became swollen and painful again with all the bike riding. I also started having sciatic nerve pain again. When I walked in and told him I was training to ride a Century, he about fell over. He couldn't believe it and also couldn't believe that for the first time my legs were the same length since the accident. I have seen about 8 different physical therapist who do the usual stretching, heat/ice, electric stem, exercises, but Keith is totally different and the best p.t. I've ever seen. All the stretching, etc is great and I use it on my own daily, but Keith was the only person who could put me back in alignment and it would stay for a while. I saw 5 different chiropractors who would make me feel better, but then I walked out the door and went right back to where I was when I walked in. They never really helped and one even broke a bone in my foot. If you have back problems, this is the guy to see. He's amazing and I am still riding because of his help. Thank you Keith!

No comments: