8-2-08 I rode up to Mt. Airy Bikes which is where I bought my bike. They have every kind of bike you could think of. If you ever have some kind of back or other problem, it’s the place to go to find a bike that would still work for you. While I was there some guy came in w/ a circulation problem and found a bike with the pedal higher than the seat. Anyway, I made a few changes to my bike this weekend and it seems to make riding a little easier. The bike also feels a little lighter. I got a new back wheel and tire. I also got a faring put on it, which is supposed to help with wind and rain. One problem with recumbents is that your head is not down, so when it rains it pelts you straight in the face/body. Another thing different about riding a recumbent is that it’s heavier and harder to go up hill. I go about 4mph up hills b/c the work is all in your legs. You can’t stand up on your bike and get extra strength or leverage that way. I’m getting more use to it as I increase my riding. I feel like I’ve joined a new club or something b/c every time I pass another recumbent rider they wave to me….this does not happen with other riders.Friday, August 8, 2008
Uprgrading Bike
8-2-08 I rode up to Mt. Airy Bikes which is where I bought my bike. They have every kind of bike you could think of. If you ever have some kind of back or other problem, it’s the place to go to find a bike that would still work for you. While I was there some guy came in w/ a circulation problem and found a bike with the pedal higher than the seat. Anyway, I made a few changes to my bike this weekend and it seems to make riding a little easier. The bike also feels a little lighter. I got a new back wheel and tire. I also got a faring put on it, which is supposed to help with wind and rain. One problem with recumbents is that your head is not down, so when it rains it pelts you straight in the face/body. Another thing different about riding a recumbent is that it’s heavier and harder to go up hill. I go about 4mph up hills b/c the work is all in your legs. You can’t stand up on your bike and get extra strength or leverage that way. I’m getting more use to it as I increase my riding. I feel like I’ve joined a new club or something b/c every time I pass another recumbent rider they wave to me….this does not happen with other riders.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment