Monday, August 25, 2008

Riding in Davidsonville, VA


8-9-08 Got up at 5:30 and drove over an hour to Davidsonville, VA and rode my first 50. I actually rode 52 miles. I can’t believe I’m riding 50 and just a few months ago I had not ridden a bike in 9 years. Sometimes when I’m riding it hits me how grateful I am to be exercising again, especially biking because that was what I loved before the accident. When this hits me, I still tear up a bit and then say a little “thank- you” prayer. (The first time out on my bike in April I couldn’t stop crying tears of happiness the whole time…so I’m improving) I felt great until about 45 miles. The seat on my bike fell off at 45 miles, and if I didn’t tilt or move around too much it stayed on. I rode the last few miles that way. It was a relatively flat course which was better for me…. and a beautiful ride! This is a picture of one of the many beautiful scenes on this ride.

No comments: